This week on the Encrypted Economy, my guest is Dyann Heward Mills. Named by Business Insider as one of 28 Power Players driving data policy in the EU, Dyann’s thoughts on privacy are critical towards filling in the bigger picture. I was excited to pick her brain on the issues and trends shaping policy in Europe and how they will likely impact the US going forward. We discussed newsworthy events like the SolarWinds Hack, Schrems II Decision, and important topics like Privacy by Design and Bias in Machine Learning. Do not miss this great episode of the Encrypted Economy, and keep an eye on Dyann’s work as Europe continues to lead the way on data privacy.
- Dyann’s Background
- Selling Decision Makers on the Importance of Privacy
- Balancing AML Compliance With Privacy
- The Impact of Schrems II
- UK GDPRCompliance Post-Brexit
- GDPR in the US
- When Will the US Pass a Privacy Law?
- The Cause and Effect of Bias in Technology
- Privacy by Design – Prevention vs Detection
- Diversity by Design
- GDPR Class Action Suit Challenges and Barriers
- The Benefits of Proactive Privacy