On the latest episode of the Encrypted Economy, I was excited to talk to Felix Shipkevich of Shipkevich Law. Felix is an expert in commodities regulation and money services business licensing with a focus on how these areas apply to digital assets. His insights into the importance of the legal classification of digital assets arecritical towards understanding the US’ fractured regulatory environment. We discussed the differences between regulatory treatment by the SEC, CFTC, and the 50 state governments and the complexity of navigating each. Moving into 2021, it is important for firms and investors alike to understand the nuances of the US system so that they can anticipate market impacts as a result of regulatory changes. Felix’s experience and expertise have always helped me do so, and now they can help you. Do not miss this great episode of the Encrypted Economy and keep an eye on Shipkevich Law to learn more about Felix and what he does. Be sure to subscribe to the Encrypted Economy for more great interviews onthe digital factors shaping the economy.
- Felix’s Specialties and Background
- The Evolution of Money Service Businesses due to Cryptocurrency
- Where Does Crypto fit into the Regulatory Landscape?
- Open vs. Closed Loops
- The Fractured US Regulatory Environment
- SEC vs CFTC Regulatory Treatment
- The Impact of Regulation on Large vs Small Firms
- Coinbase Halting Margin Trading
- Navigating the CFTC Process
- Re-defining Commodities
- The 28 Days Rule
- DCM Self-Certification