This week on The Encrypted Economy, my guest is Greg Xethalis, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer at Multicoin Capital. Being involved with the legal side of the cryptosphere since the first proposal for a Bitcoin ETF in 2013, Greg gives us his perspective on the structuring of digital assets and legal issues surrounding the space. Be sure to subscribe to The Encrypted Economy for more insight on the regulatory framework that will drive forward innovation in the crypto space.
· Greg’s Background
· Breaking Down Different Types of Fund Offerings
· Can Closed-End Funds offer Bitcoin Exposure
· APs and the Primary Driver for ETFs
· Discussing the May 11th Staff Statement
· Are Stablecoins Securities or Funds?
· Concerns With Lending Programs
· Greg’s LinkedIn
· Greg’s Twitter
· Multicoin Capital
· What is an interval fund?
· Securities Exchange Act of 1934
· Investment Company Act of 1940
· Rule 6c-11
· Stoneridge Interval Fund
· May 11 Staff Statement