This week on The Encrypted Economy, my guest is Abraham Sutherland, Founder of Saker Group and Adjunct Professor at the University of Virginia School of Law. With expertise in taxation policy and regulation, Abraham gives his insight on the regulatory provisions in the recently passed Infrastructure Bill and its implications on digital currencies. Be sure to subscribe to The Encrypted Economy for more perspective on regulatory revisions that will drive forward innovation in the crypto space rather than hold it back.
· Abraham’s Background
· Discussing Provisions in the Infrastructure Bill
· Background and Issues with 6050-I
· How do we Define Transactions?
· Implications of Proposed Regulations
· What is Considered a Digital Asset?
· Hypocritical Views of Regulatory Provisions
· What Happens Next?
· Why Do We Have Provisions Like This?
· Abraham’s LinkedIn
· Abraham’s University Page
· Abraham Sutherland Twitter
· Saker Group LinkedIn
· Broker Provision 6045C
· Article: Infrastructure bill contains new reporting requirements for cryptocurrency ‘brokers’
· Section 6050I
· Bank Secrecy Act
· Form 8300
· Definition of Digital Assets and Current SEC Regulations
· China CBDC Excessive Government Control
· Abraham Sutherland: The Proposal to Regulate Digital Asset Transactions Should Be Struck