This week on The Encrypted Economy, our guest is Yuliya Guseva, Professor of Law at Rutgers University. In this episode, we discuss SEC actions in digital asset enforcement and whether those actions are in line with the mission of the regulator. Be sure to subscribe to The Encrypted Economy for more coverage of the adoption of digital assets and the regulatory challenges that emerge along the way.
· Introduction to Crypto Regulation and Regulatory Bodies
· Takeaways from Yuliya’s Research
· Comparing Investor Access to Projects Under Reg D
· Understanding the Goals of the SEC
· Cooperation Between the SEC and Crypto Projects
· Are Increases in SEC Staff Budgets a Solution?
· How Does the SEC Interpret its Mission?
· Yuliya’s LinkedIn
· Yuliya Guseva Rutgers Profile
· Crypto-Enforcement Around the World
· The SEC, Digital Assets, and Game Theory
· When the Means Undermine the End: The Leviathan of Securities Law and Enforcement in Digital-Asset Markets
· A Conceptual Framework for Digital-Asset Securities: Tokens and Coins as Debt and Equity
· Cryptocurrency Regulation and Enforcement at the US Federal and State Levels
· Regulation D
· 2021 Brought SEC Focus on Crypto Exchanges and Lending Platforms
· Coinbase Lending Program Shut Down