In this episode of the Encrypted Economy, we talk with Kurt Rohloff , Co-founder and CTO of Duality Technologies and one of the pioneers in the homomorphic encryption space. Kurt spent nine years as a senior scientist at Raytheon, where he worked with the military’s R&D arm DARPA, which we learned a lot about in this episode. He has a real passion for cryptography, and he loves the people that he works with in the space. This passion and personability has contributed to Kurt leading the effort to standardize homomorphic encryption as a founding member of the cross-organization standardization group. He wants to solve problems and make the world a better place.
So in this episode, we dive into the events that made homomorphic encryption click for him, his current work in the space, and mission to take the technology from innovative to widespread and boring. Don’t miss this great episode of the Encrypted Economy as we expand our journey into the business applications of privacy enhancing technologies, and of course keep an eye on Kurt’s work with Duality and the Homomorphic Encryption Standardization Group.
- Kurt’s Background & DARPA Connections
- What Drove Kurt into Privacy Enhancing Technology (PET)
- What is Lattice-Based Cryptography?
- How to Choose a Cryptography Scheme
- Explaining Duality to a Venture Capitalist
- The Challenges of Applying PET to Legacy Systems
- The PALISADE Encryption Library
- Founding The Homomorphic Encryption Standardization Group
- Open-Source Encryption & SecurePlus Statistics
- SolarWinds and the Public-Private Security Partnership
- Duality’s Most Exciting Use Case
- Kurt’s LinkedIn
- Duality Technologies Website
- DARPA Website
- My Article on Homomorphic Encryption
- Mandiant APT1 Report
- Our Episode With Brett Hemenway Falk
- Craig Gentry’s Fully Homomorphic Encryption Using Ideal Lattices
- What is Lattice Based Encryption and Why Should you Care?
- Palisade Homomorphic Encryption Software Library
- IBM Homomorphic Encryption Services
- Num Focus Open Source Organization
- Shai Haveli Bio Page
- Microsoft SEAL Library
- Homomorphic Encryption Standardization Group
- Duality – SecurePlus Statistics
- Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC)
- Kurt’s Homomorphic Encryption for Genome Wide Associ