Follow The Encrypted Economy on your favorite platforms!
This week on The Encrypted Economy, my guest is Marc Boiron, General Counsel for dYdX. Marc has established himself as a respected name in Crypto Law, and it was a pleasure to have him on the show. We took a deep dive into the regulatory state of the industry, covering DAOs, NFTs, and the impacts that regulators like FATF and the SEC will inevitably have on their futures. Any listeners unfamiliar with Marc’s work will undoubtedly learn something new in this interview, which I let go a bit longer than usual since the conversation was so valuable. Don’t miss this episode of The Encrypted Economy, and subscribe to make sure that you never miss another!
- Marc’s Background
- The Challenges of Crypto Law
- The Concern of Regulatory Uncertainty
- Distinguishing the Risk of FATF
- Blockstack’s Regulatory Dilemma
- Wyoming’s New DAO Law
- NFT Frameworks
- What Makes a Security?
- Marc’s LinkedIn
- Marc’s Website
- dYdX Website
- FinTech Year in Review 2020
- Securities Exchange Act
- Investment Advisers Act
- FinCEN’s Mandate – Bank Secrecy Act
- FinCEN Proposed Crypto Wallet Rule
- FinCEN 2019 Crypto Guidance
- FATF Virtual Asset Guidance
- FATF Guidance Update Draft (Mar 2021)
- Blockstack SEC Filing 2020
- Finhub Digital Asset Framework
- Hester Peirce’s Safe Harbor 2.0
- Regulation CF
- Regulation A
- William Hinman Digitial Asset Speech
- What is a DAO?
- Wyoming DAO Bill
- Delaware LLC Law
- Outlier Ventures NFTSPA