On this week’s episode of The Encrypted Economy, our guest is Joel Oswald, Principal at Williams and Jensen. We discuss lobbying and what legislation will come out of Capitol Hill this year regarding Web 3. Be sure to subscribe to The Encrypted Economy for more insights on the latest regulatory developments in web 3.0.
· 2:20 Joel’s Background
· 5:20 Distinctions Between the Approach of Lobbyists and Interest Groups
· 14:00 FTX’s Impact on the Legislative Agenda
· 17:00 SEC’s Role in FTX Contagion
· 21:40 Status of the DCCPA
· 29:40 Managing the Exit of Pat Toomey
· 34:40 Will Europe be an Inspiration to Congress?
· 44:00 Does Congress Understand How to Regulate Crypto?
· 1:00:00 What is the Path to Composition?
· 1:13:30 What Comes of the Responsible Financial Innovation Act?
· Joel’s LinkedIn
· Williams and Jensen
· Blockchain Association
· Congress accepts FTX donations
· Stabenow Bill
· Lummis-Gillibrand Bill
· Congress may be ‘ungovernable,’ but the US could see crypto legislation in 2023
· US authorities to intensify scrutiny of the crypto industry in 2023
· Biden Administration’s Roadmap to Mitigate Cryptocurrencies’ Risks
· US senator behind efforts to pass major crypto bill won’t seek re