On this week’s episode of The Encrypted Economy, our guest is Kokila Alagh, founder of KARM Legal Consultants. We discuss the regulatory hurdles facing digital assets in the UAE and how they differentiate themselves from other jurisdictions. Be sure to subscribe to The Encrypted Economy for more coverage of the frameworks paving the way for global adoption of blockchain technologies.
· 0:00 Introduction
· 5:10 What Makes the UAE Stand Out?
· 8:30 Kokila’s Background
· 13:50 Introduction to Regulators in the Middle East
· 22:20 Operating a Digital Assets Business in the UAE
· 30:30 Discussing Definitions of Virtual Assets
· 37:00 Distinguishing Between the Platforms
· 44:20 How is the Concept of Utility Addressed in the UAE?
· 48:00 Does the Degree of Centralization Factor into Regulation?
· 56:00 Licensing Requirements in the UAE
· 59:10 Overview of Oasis Labs
· 1:05:00 How Knowledgeable are Regulators?
· 1:09:30 Comparing Regulatory Landscapes
· Kokila’s LinkedIn
· Kokila’s KARM Profile
· KARM Legal Consultants
· Dubai International Financial Centre
· Abu Dhabi Global Market
· Multilateral Trading Facility
· Oasis Labs