On this week’s podcast, our guest is Kayvan Sadeghi, Partner of Jenner & Block. We discuss the CFTC complaint against bZeroX, LLC and Ooki DAO and its implications for the DAO ecosystem. Be sure to subscribe to The Encrypted Economy for more coverage of the evolving legal environment in web 3.
· 0:00 Introduction
· 1:40 Kayvan’s Background
· 2:50 Framing the CFTC Complaint and Settlement
· 15:50 Who is Liable?
· 19:00 Who is the CFTC Going After?
· 28:10 How Does RUPA affect DAOs?
· 37:00 Potential Chilling Effect on DAO Governance
· 46:10 The Logic of Wrapping DAOs
· 51:00 Will the Court Approve the Service?
CFTC Legally Served Ooki DAO via Website Help Bot, Court Rules
Jenner & Block
SEC Deems Nine Tokens as Securities
Revised Uniform Partnership Act