This week on The Encrypted Economy, we have Michael Mossier, former FinCEN acting director and stealth project team member. As an expert in financial developments with a strong background in regulation enforcement, Michael gives us his insights on recent FATF guidance. Be sure to subscribe to The Encrypted Economy for more perspective on the adoption of blockchain and digitization initiatives.
· Michael’s Background
· Tension over Digital Assets in the DOT
· Is There an Age Divide in the Understanding of Digital Assets?
· Breaking down FATF and its Recommendations
· Evolving Perspective of the Travel Rule
· FATF Definition of Virtual Assets and Service Providers
· Should Those With Sufficient Influence Be a VASP?
· Smart Contracts and Their Impact on VASP Obligations
· Are CBDCs off the Hook?
· FATF on P2P and Closed-Loop Systems
· Ending Thoughts of FATF Guidance