On this week’s episode of The Encrypted Economy, we have Jonathan Turnham, Partner at Travers Thorp. We discuss regulation in the Cayman Islands and what differentiates the nation from other jurisdictions. Be sure to subscribe to The Encrypted Economy for more coverage of innovative regulatory frameworks in web 3.0.
· 0:45 Jon’s Background
· 4:20 Is Cayman a Good Jurisdiction for Digital Assets?
· 7:00 Regulation and Primary Regulators in Cayman
· 14:20 Considerations Regarding Locating in Cayman
· 19:00 What is so Innovative About Cayman Business?
· 30:00 How is the US Impacting Cayman?
· 35:00 Giving Guidance to Clients
· 41:20 Two Paths of the DAO
· 51:00 Discussing the Idea of Independent Directors and other
· 1:04:30 Closing Thoughts
· Jon’s LinkedIn
· Travers Thorp Alberga
· Cayman Islands Monetary Authority
· Special Economic Zone Companies
· Cayman Islands Business Benefits